After spells in several Eastern European countries and Malaysia, in July 2009 we moved from the dull safety of provincial life in the Netherlands to Johannesburg, this wicked city of sin, built on greed. Now the dust has settled it’s time to start a blog about this much-feared but rather pleasant and occasionally fascinating place.
- @AfricaAnalyst Several Limpopo/Mpumalanga towns have Dutch city names (Utrecht, Amsterdam...), probably named by immigrants missing home! 2 years ago
- Our favourite city guide @JohannesburgIYP has been given control over the global @inyourpocket twitter account this week - please follow! 3 years ago
- @spillly Last night in Joburg, drop by Liberation Cafe, Melville, from 8pm if you can. Otherwise see you in Berlin some time? 3 years ago
- In Limpopo I liked the forests and gorges around Haenertsburg. Very impressed by the wild parts of the Waterberg. 3 years ago
- The Rough Guide trip continues - good experiences in NorthWest's Groot Marico, where I discovered Herman Charles Bosman's excellent books. 3 years ago
Flickr In Joburg