The Nando’s restaurant chain is a South African success story. When I first visited one of their restaurants in Malaysia (where they love spicy Portuguese peri-peri chicken) I had no idea it originated from SA. It’s well known locally for its excellent ad campaigns that often react to the local news. Inspired to visit after seeing the company’s inspiring and loud-mouthed CEO interviewed in a film about Joburg, we popped into Melville’s 24-hour outlet before visiting the Mandela Bridge yesterday. Our first Nando’s visit since we arrived last July. I had expected a McD’s fast food experience but it’s much more like a restaurant, with attention to design. The food’s pretty good, delivered to the table with a smile. We’ll be back.
- @AfricaAnalyst Several Limpopo/Mpumalanga towns have Dutch city names (Utrecht, Amsterdam...), probably named by immigrants missing home! 2 years ago
- Our favourite city guide @JohannesburgIYP has been given control over the global @inyourpocket twitter account this week - please follow! 3 years ago
- @spillly Last night in Joburg, drop by Liberation Cafe, Melville, from 8pm if you can. Otherwise see you in Berlin some time? 3 years ago
- In Limpopo I liked the forests and gorges around Haenertsburg. Very impressed by the wild parts of the Waterberg. 3 years ago
- The Rough Guide trip continues - good experiences in NorthWest's Groot Marico, where I discovered Herman Charles Bosman's excellent books. 3 years ago
Flickr In Joburg