Just off Sandton’s Nelson Mandela square, the new Craft & Design Centre displays quality African crafts in a rather funky white space with wooden hut structures and friendly staff. The aim is to link artists working in Gauteng province (which encompasses Johannesburg and Pretoria) with casual tourists as well as with retail buyers from abroad. During the World Cup, it had the Pan African Craft Exhibition on show. On the photo: amazing black clay ceramics.
- @AfricaAnalyst Several Limpopo/Mpumalanga towns have Dutch city names (Utrecht, Amsterdam...), probably named by immigrants missing home! 3 years ago
- Our favourite city guide @JohannesburgIYP has been given control over the global @inyourpocket twitter account this week - please follow! 3 years ago
- @spillly Last night in Joburg, drop by Liberation Cafe, Melville, from 8pm if you can. Otherwise see you in Berlin some time? 4 years ago
- In Limpopo I liked the forests and gorges around Haenertsburg. Very impressed by the wild parts of the Waterberg. 4 years ago
- The Rough Guide trip continues - good experiences in NorthWest's Groot Marico, where I discovered Herman Charles Bosman's excellent books. 4 years ago
Flickr In Joburg