My love on a Joburg winter Saturday, happy with her coffee at Piza e Vino in Melrose Arch. This gated district-cum-shopping-mall tries to recreate the atmosphere of a European city, complete with bendy narrow streets, trees, street cafés, nervous guards who tell you not to take pictures of the buildings and four levels of underground parking.
- @AfricaAnalyst Several Limpopo/Mpumalanga towns have Dutch city names (Utrecht, Amsterdam...), probably named by immigrants missing home! 2 years ago
- Our favourite city guide @JohannesburgIYP has been given control over the global @inyourpocket twitter account this week - please follow! 3 years ago
- @spillly Last night in Joburg, drop by Liberation Cafe, Melville, from 8pm if you can. Otherwise see you in Berlin some time? 3 years ago
- In Limpopo I liked the forests and gorges around Haenertsburg. Very impressed by the wild parts of the Waterberg. 3 years ago
- The Rough Guide trip continues - good experiences in NorthWest's Groot Marico, where I discovered Herman Charles Bosman's excellent books. 3 years ago
Flickr In Joburg