Last week, quirky website Mahala gave me tickets (baie dankie) for the concert of Tumi and the Volume at Tanz Café, deep in Joburgs northern suburbs in Fourways. Tumi is one of SA’s best hip-hop artists, and usually tours in Europe, especially in France where he’s apparently made it big. Great concert, and Zaki Ibrahim and The Fridge who warmed up the audience were excellent too.
- @AfricaAnalyst Several Limpopo/Mpumalanga towns have Dutch city names (Utrecht, Amsterdam...), probably named by immigrants missing home! 2 years ago
- Our favourite city guide @JohannesburgIYP has been given control over the global @inyourpocket twitter account this week - please follow! 2 years ago
- @spillly Last night in Joburg, drop by Liberation Cafe, Melville, from 8pm if you can. Otherwise see you in Berlin some time? 3 years ago
- In Limpopo I liked the forests and gorges around Haenertsburg. Very impressed by the wild parts of the Waterberg. 3 years ago
- The Rough Guide trip continues - good experiences in NorthWest's Groot Marico, where I discovered Herman Charles Bosman's excellent books. 3 years ago
Flickr In Joburg